Tuesday 20 September 2011

My (New Age) Heroes

Dr. Devi Shetty – Thanks for showing me that, serving your countrymen can be more satisfying than chasing dollars in western healthcare industry.

Julian Assange – For making the cunning diplomats, corrupt politicians and arrogant governments run for cover. For making them look vulnerable and exposing their hypocrisy. Not that the world did not know of this but now the evidence convinces how the world works.

Anna Hazare – For making the ruling party feel they are responsible and accountable to common man. For making us all believe we can make ourselves heard, and for spreading fear amongst shameless bureaucracy.

Nagesh Kukunoor – For telling me the lure of America and Western comfort cannot and should not override your passion.

M S Dhoni – For making me believe that talent and composure matters more than arrogant body language and sledging (read Ponting).

Arvind Kejriwal – Who made me believe the common man is smarter than karan thapar and kapil sibal. For making me believe simplicity is the most authentic way of communication.

Saina Nehwal – For making me believe it’s not the gender that counts but competence and hard work.

Dr. Badrinath - For telling me that western best practices and Indian philanthropy can build transformational health care solutions for poor Indians.

Late Dhirubhai AmbaniWho inspires me reach out for the stars and grab them even if am not born a Birla, Tata, Wadia, Ruia or Bajaj.

Tom Alter – Who tells me it’s not the colour of your skin but the conviction in your heart and purity of your soul which determines if you are a worthy citizen.


Prof. Shravan Rungta

Prof. Shravan Rungta
Associate Professor - Marketing
Chairman - Admission
Incharge - Media Relations
B.Com, MMS, NET

No comments:

Post a Comment